We are all concerned about leading a healthy life, but with our sedentary way of life and many occupations that leave us without time to do physical exercise: whether for reasons of study, office work, our habits have completely limited our physical activity.
There are many people who, year after year, want to make a change in their life, they want to improve their health, their physical condition, the way they feel. But most of these people abandon the attempt after a week, after two weeks or in the following days.
Many times this happens because of not having done a correct or good training planning.
GO FROM A SEDENTARY TO ACTIVITY
SOME TIPS BEFORE STARTING A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Set small goals: don't want to run a marathon tomorrow. Start with goals that you can reach, that are rewarding and that drive you, that give you a reason to continue.
- Wait for your body to adapt little by little: if you try to push yourself too hard in too little time, you will not get results and you will have a very bad physical feeling. This will not help you stick with the plan or drive you to continue progressing.
- You cannot go over your body, you have to be patient and wait for it to adapt to the training routines, never from suffering.
- You should look for company, to help you so that, when the day to exercise comes, you have someone to motivate you on the day you don't have. This way we stimulate each other, sharing achievements, that is a good way to not lose focus.
- You have to look for enjoyment in it: you can't turn it into suffering, you have to run away from it.
- The crisis will come. Get ready for it: it is the moment in which you have decided to give up, that you no longer want to go anymore, you have stopped going for some days and it is more difficult to start again. You have to be attentive to that moment that will undoubtedly come. You must be strong to overcome it.
4 STEPS TO START RUNNING:
- Walking for two weeks: for having a sedentary life for a long time;
- Walk/run alternating the exercises for two weeks to prepare the body, continuing with the alternation of both exercises;
- Jogging for two more weeks: alternating both exercises, but with more intensity;
- Running (all life).
8 REASONS TO START RUNNING:
- Your body will feel much better
- You will stop smoking
- You will start to eat much better: when the body works better, there is also a natural drive towards healthier eating. In general you will take better care of yourself.
- You will find time for yourself: it is difficult in this stressful life to have a little time for ourselves.
- You will lower stress levels: with the release of tension and endorphins you will feel much more relaxed
- You will think better: your head will feel much better, calmer
- Your fighting and self-improvement spirit will be stimulated: it is very important to overcome difficulties. In some way you are practicing the act of running, the act of overcoming yourself, you will be stimulating that fighting spirit that helps you in many other vital situations in which it is important to overcome them.
- You will be much healthier: you will live longer and with a better quality of life.